Thursday, August 13, 2009

27 years ago...

Today marks 27 years since my mother passed away. It was quite a day for our family. My oldest brother Brad had a wife in labor at one of the hospital and his mother dying at the other. I was 11 years old. What I remember is being excited because I was going to go live with my oldest sister Mary and her husband Bert in Montana!! I do hope that I love my children in a way that they hurt when I am gone. Seems selfish, huh? My mother was an alcoholic and when my father passed away and she was left with five children to care for, her decisions went askew. My memories are not very fond although she was very crafty and musical...must be where I get it. I love her because she is/was my mother. I still have hope that one day we will be together again and I can show her the respect she deserves.




Here's a picture of my brother Brad, his wife and their brand new baby girl Jan that was born that same day. My mother was never able to hold her first grandchild. What an example of how making GOOD GODLY CHOICES is so very important!

Today I am praising God with my beautiful family and showering my children with love. I make mistakes and many times ask their forgiveness but I believe they know how much I love them. They are such treasures to me!!

I love you mom!!

1 comment:

  1. Robin, maybe this is what has made you such an amazing and godly mom. Your kids will miss you more than anything when you are gone...that I know for sure. I know another thing for sure and that is God gave you her as a mother for a reason. Maybe that's why you are so appreciative of everything in your life now. I love and admire you so very much.

    ReplyDelete