Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BROOKE...today is YOUR day!!! Happy 7th Birthday!!


September 22...2002...labor begins Saturday the 21st in the later afternoon at Michaels...continues through the evening until we finally head to the hospital with my sister Theresa along to help (Praise God she was with us!!!...oh dear!!). This "experience" goes on through the night until finally an epidural at approximately 2 a.m. Brooke was born after having to call the doctor from church so I will always remember a Sunday morning madness!!! There is nothing like having your first child...everything first...no wonder they are so much more responsible -- I am certain the books were closer to my bedside and parenting tips were taken to heart. Brooke is the brightest 7-year old that I have ever known and can remember details with ease...I envy this! She has such beauty inside and out and loves Jesus much!! I hope that now as she thinks (or at least I think) we as parents have HUNG the moon that as a teenager she doesn't think we are FROM the moon!! (I read that in a book and thought it was funny!!!) I so want to be her friend, but Mommy first!!

Brooke wanted to get her ears pierced this year and because she is such a responsible young lady -- we considered it and decided she could handle it. She was so strong about it and had no troubles...WAY TO GO, BROOKIE!! Happy birthday, Sweetie!! Love you so very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment