Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Preston!!

Wow!! How does life carry me along so swiftly! How do I allow such "major" milestones to come and go like another something to check off? My son Preston turned 6 years old...when did he get to be six years old?? I feel like I have missed about five years of his life and they are completely over!! Must review pictures...must enjoy him being a little boy and still wanting "Mama" when life hurts. Oh dear...

His 6th birthday was celebrated first with cousins from Minnesota and his Aunt Theresa (my sister) and Uncle Malcolm and soon to follow with several emails/phonecalls. What a joy and blessing! Thank You, Lord! I am hoping the sweetness of that day just might get the Oatmans to think of moving closer to us!! Warroad, Minnesota (Canadian boarder) just doesn't have much to offer but boy o' boy we would love to be closer to all of them!!
We then had more celebration with a few friends over to decorate cupcakes (yes, Susan, my floors have yet to be cleaned!!) and enjoy the afternoon playing Wii -- Batman and Star Wars . I'm not so sure anything else would have been as much fun. I know Preston felt super special and that is all that needed to happen on this particular day. Big thanks to Blake, Sarah, Mary Beth, Sydney and Mrs. Susan!! Biggest thanks to Jesus!!

So...he turned six and a few days later lost his first tooth. We had quite a week! And to top it all off the tooth fairy was running late...how does a parent sooth a six year old that just lost his first tooth that the tooth fairy just must be running late? Acckkk!!! He handled it like a champ!!
























1 comment:

  1. So glad to be a part of your lives and your kids! That silly Tooth Fairy...she's run late around here before so be sure to tell Preston that he's not alone...hugs!

    ReplyDelete